Hope you’re having a wonderful week so far! I can’t believe Spring is officially here and April is right around the corner. I’m now 6 months pregnant *insert Home Alone Kevin McCallister screaming face here.* The excitement / nervousness is setting in as I anxiously try and prepare everything for the baby’s arrival! Everything will get done, everything will be fine… 😉
While the warmer temperatures are almost upon us [and intermittently show up on glorious Saturday afternoons here in Dallas], it is still sometimes chilly in the evenings! Although I’m eager for the baby to get here, I’m also trying to soak up our last few months as a family of 3 [our pup Morty is also very excited!]. Making sure we see friends and family, go out on dates and explore the city is important to me so that we take advantage of this super special time.
Shop the Look
FAVORITE DATE NIGHT LOOK
One type of outfit that I have looked for during pregnancy is a date night look! One thing I have learned in the past 3 months is that there aren’t a TON of trendy / cute options in the maternity clothing department. Now don’t get me wrong, there are several maternity stores and plenty of online venues at which you can shop. But, dressing your bump can sometimes bring about challenges, with the limited options available. You have to make adjustments to your wardrobe and it’s not always the easiest process!
Thank goodness for my girlfriends who lent me clothes so that I could figure out what worked for me [and what didn’t] without having to spend a ton of money on pieces that I didn’t love. 6 months in, I have now figured out which in-person stores I like, my favorite online shops, what pieces I will splurge on and what I would buy at discount prices. [I will be writing a future post on all of my favorite maternity staples.]
At the end of the day, pregnancy is such an incredible blessing. We just want to look like ourselves throughout this journey without having to sacrifice our personal style. Ladies – it takes trial and error, patience and time, but it’s possible to do. 🙂 I have been fortunate enough to find several date night looks like that I absolutely love and this is one of them! 7 for all Mankind Jeans which I have lived in the last three months, a top and this lightweight faux leather jacket to complete the look. At least before this Texas heat sets in, that is! If you’re still in a colder climate, you can wear some over the knee boots like I did, or just throw on a pair of flats.
FAVORITE DALLAS DATE NIGHT IDEAS
Now that we have an outfit to wear, let’s talk date night ideas in Dallas. There are so many places to explore in this city. Some of my favorites are below:
- Dinner and a Show
- [Lion King is coming to Dallas as well as Waitress and Hairspray!]
- Grab dinner at Tei An or Proof and Pantry. Tei An has amazing Japanese food specializing in their soba noodles, and Proof and Pantry is known for their cocktails. Both are across the street from the Winspear Opera House and only about a 7 minute drive to Fair park.
- Dinner and a Movie at the Angelika Theater
- The Angelika typically shows independent films and is a fun alternative to the standard movie theater.
- There are lots of great restaurants in the area. Some of my favorites are: Mai’s Vietnamese [hole in the wall and amazing – get the claypot]; Knife if you’re wanting steak; Cafe Izmir for Mediterranean.
- Visit to a Museum and lunch at Klyde Warren Park
- The DMA is showcasing Yayoi Kusama’s pumpkin exhibit right now that I cannot wait to see!
- The Nasher is always beautiful, even if you’re just perusing their permanent collection. Their garden is a pleasure to stroll through on a nice day.
- Grab dinner at Klyde Warren Park at Savor or across the street at Lark in the Park. Savor has a high-energy vibe and a bar that you can hang out at. Or sit on the patio and people watch. Lark in the Park is just across the street and has a great menu!
- Take a trip to the Farmers Market and brunch at Mudhen’s
- The Dallas Farmers Market has expanded over the last couple of years and they have opened up a 26,000 square foot food hall with local vendors selling craft goods as well as various restaurants. Take a walk through it, grab a bite to eat or buy some local goods!
- Do some window [or real] shopping in the high-end stores of Highland Park Village [and a stop at Bird Bakery’s for a cupcake is a must ;)]
- This weekend, they’re hosting an event which will feature a local artisan market.
- Get breakfast at Oddfellows and walk around Bishop Arts
- Oddfellows is one of my favorite breakfast places in town – get there before 9:30 am [yes, I know – super early for a weekend!] to avoid a wait.
- Walk around Bishop Arts afterwards to work off the coffee and the POD [Pancake of the Day]!
- Dinner at Trinity Groves and then Dessert
- Paddle boarding at White Rock Lake
- Getting drinks on the roof of HG Supply Company
- Dallas is known for their patios and while this is more of a roof-top bar, you get the same vibe. Check it out on a breezy day for a beautiful view and great cocktails.
Don’t you love how all of my favorite date nights [or days] revolve around food?? 🙂 If you have any date night ideas that you love, let me know in the comments below!
Photography by: Megan Weaver