Happy Tuesday, friends!
Hopefully Monday wasn’t too rough and you’re now in the flow of a wonderful new week! Over the last couple of months I have been focusing on how to maximize my productivity throughout the day. It’s a journey and I do not have it all figured out yet. But I have learned several tricks [like my sleeping hack I blogged about last week] that really help, and one of them is having a solid morning routine.
Here’s my schedule starting from the minute that I wake up:
GET THE DETAILS
- I do not eat dairy [it just doesn’t sit well with me] so I take a probiotic to add some live cultures to my diet to help with digestion.
- Drinking a cup of warm water helps me stay hydrated starting early in the morning!
- Currently I’m reading Ninja Selling on weekdays and White Hot Truth on weekends right before I meditate.
- I am meditating to one of my favorite apps, Headspace [read more about it in this post].
- Writing in a gratitude journal puts a smile on my face first thing in the morning! I list out the things I’m grateful for from the smallest to the biggest. These beautiful Rifle Paper Co’s journals are some of my favorite!
- I eat a piece of pumpernickel toast with Taramosalata Greek Caviar spread [it is SO good!! But if you’re not into caviar, it might take some getting used to.] This breakfast gets me some whole grains in my diet since I try to avoid bread and other carbs throughout the day.
I’m very lucky to get to work from home on days that I’m not at the client site [whether in Dallas or another city]. If I’m traveling, I typically have to wake up at 5 am and have to minimize my journal/meditating time to about 5 – 10 minutes. I find that if I can at least sit down on the meditation pillow for a few minutes, my whole day feels better.
Since I graduated college, I have been trying out different morning routines. I have always enjoyed journaling and meditating, but was never very consistent with it. I would have a great streak of keeping up with it, and then go weeks without it. Since altering my sleeping schedule, I have been able to get up consistently at 6 am. This new wake up time has helped me get my morning routine in place, which has in turn led to more consistent productivity throughout the day.
I hope this routine helps you if you’re looking to get a schedule in place. What’s your morning routine like? Would love to hear about it in the comments below!