This Thursday we leave to Napa Valley! [We then head to Portland a few days later, and then Vancouver after that]! To say that I’m excited is an understatement. This is our first real vacation this year. [we took a trip to NYC a few months ago but that was a long weekend. :)] I’m thrilled to get to unplug and just relax.
I had to travel yesterday and today for work as one of my projects went live and it is an exciting time to say the least! (If you’re interested, you can read a little more about it here.) Needless to say, my schedule didn’t leave much time for packing. Luckily, I had already been planning ahead in terms of what I wanted to pack. I also shopped for any last minute #FallStaples that I wanted to take with me. I definitely went for a Fall vibe for this trip, and am hoping that the heat wave in Cali dissipates by the time we get there. Packing for both summer and fall and for three different cities can be a bit overwhelming, but here’s what I’m planning to bring with me:
- Navy Striped top – This boatneck top is on sale right now for $22.50 and is a great Fall staple. It’s so easy to pair with a puffy vest like this one or just to throw on to run errands.
- Knee-high Boots – These Sam Edleman boots are a closet staple for me. They are beautiful and comfortable. They’re also great to pair with some skinny jeans and a flannel like the one listed below in #3!
- Flannel Button-down (red and blue)- You gotta have a flannel in your closet for fall. Doesn’t hurt that this one is going for $29.50 at the moment.
- Short sleeved wool top – This top is very versatile. You can wear it in fall or winter and you can dress it up or down. It’s a no-frills, classic addition to your wardrobe this season!
- Leopard Print Scarf – I have been eyeing a scarf like this for the last couple of years and finally got it! It’s so cute and can be worn with a white tee and the black denim jeans in #6.
- Black Denim – Paige jeans are my favorite as of late in terms of overall fit and where they cut off at the ankle. I own these in regular denim as well.
- Tortoise link bracelet – I have been on a major Tortoise shell kick recently and this bracelet is on sale for $17! It’s a perfect accessory addition to your fall hues this season,
- Gold link bracelet – I never realized how much a gold link bracelet (or multiples 😉 ) can add to your overall look. Topping off my outfit with this accessory makes me feel more put together and more confident (kinda crazy, I know!)
- Tory Burch Flats (Royal Tan) – I have had these for your years and think that once I get back from this trip, I’ll need to dump them and finally get a new pair. The soles are pretty worn out and the leather is not what it used to be. I guess that’s a testament to how often I throw these on. 🙂
If y’all have any travel tips or suggestions for Napa, Portland or Vancouver, let me know! I will also put together my favorite restaurants / activities / sites when I get back. [If you’re interested in seeing my New York and Seattle itineraries, you can find them here and here.]